Professional Real Estate Assistant Certification Program
Providing students with the PRACTICAL information and HANDS-ON training that can be immediately applied to working with real estate professionals.
Yes! Our training and certification applies to the U.S. and Canadian markets.
The PREA certification program charts the pathway to becoming a Professional Real Estate Assistant.
Our vision for the CPREA designation is both simple and far-reaching: to be the preeminent North American recognized real estate assistant training that best serves the real estate industry.
Our PREA certification program is the foundation for that vision. We built it carefully, to create a comprehensive and rigorous certification process that is both challenging and practical.
Based on 10+ years in the trenches, both as an in-house Real Estate Assistant and a virtual one, co-creator and lead instructor Pam Ivey founded REA University, REVA Institute, and this certification program.
A 10-module, self-study program that takes participants through the most comprehensive and informative training available today. Three bonuses are also included. (See the program outline below.)
All modules are available on-demand, online, which can be taken at your convenience – making it possible to continue with your current job or other responsibilities.
We are dedicated to providing the best in the development and education of our community.
Practical, Hands-on Assignments
Challenging, Comprehensive Exams
Checklists, Templates & How-Tos
Real Estate Assistant Certification
PREA Certification Program Modules
To provide the student with the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to effectively support real estate professionals by providing comprehensive theory and practical hands-on experience in our modules and accompanying audio training series, templates, forms and guides.
Module 1: Introduction to the Real Estate Industry
The student will be provided with an in-depth overview of the real estate industry, including the roles of the salesperson, the broker, and the assistant. Also provided, is a look at the many services real estate assistants can provide.
We will also discuss the new client/employer initial assessment process and how to begin working with him/her.
This section is intended to provide you with a strong basis for subsequent modules in this comprehensive certification training program.
In this module, we will discuss:
– The definitions of real estate
– A brief history of real estate and organized real estate
– Real Estate Services
– Thought-provoking Real Estate Statistics
– Popular Real Estate Niches
– Broker/Agent vs. Broker-Salesperson vs. Salesperson
– How Real Estate Professionals and Assistants are Compensated
– How Real Estate Professionals prospect for new business
– Traits of Successful Real Estate Assistants
– Real Estate Assistant Support Activities
– Initial Client/Employer Conversation
– Systems and Processes
Module 2: Real Estate Risk Management
Ensure you know your obligations and what you can and cannot do as an unlicensed assistant. Real estate is a heavily regulated industry all across North America. Learn the legalities as it applies to you as an unlicensed assistant and ensure you lead your business informed and ethically sound.
The course contains eight sections, which are listed as follows:
– Introduction to Real Estate Laws – Introduces the basic laws of the real estate industry.
– Key Terms – Informs the student of the necessary legal terminology.
– Customers vs. Clients – Contrasts the interests and duties to clients and customers.
– Agency Defined – Explains the legal concept of agency.
– Fair Housing Requirements – Covers the requirements of fair housing rules and regulations.
– REALTOR® Status – Explains how to legitimately acquire and use the REALTOR® Title
– Documents for Real Estate – Reviews various important real estate documents needed to complete transactions.
– Licensed and Unlicensed Assistants – Contrasts the benefits and abilities tied to assistant licensure.
Module 3: Real Estate Branding & Identity
Gone are the days when a photograph of an agent on a business card or billboard were effective means of promotion. With the deluge of advertising everyone sees on a daily basis on TV, flyers, the newspaper, billboards, magazines, as well as the Internet, your realtors needs a memorable visual, along with a memorable ‘hook’, perhaps a slogan or trademark. Learn to develop the look and feel for your realtor’s brand to ensure they stand out from their competitors.
What You Will Learn
– The Importance of Creating a Brand
– What is a Brand?
– Why is Branding Important?
– What Does a Color Scheme Convey?
– How Can You Brand A Business?
– Getting Started with Branding and Identity
– Designing and Creating a Logo
– Branding and Web Sites, Brochures, Business Cards, Stationery, PowerPoint Presentations, Email Stationery, Social Media
Module 4: Real Estate & Technology
The Real Estate and Technology module consists of what you need to work with real estate professionals effectively and efficiently.We’ll study Top Producer 8i, virtual tour, feedback, single property sites, QR codes, and a whole host of other technology systems that modern real estate professionals need to allow them to survive and thrive in today’s competitive market.
In this module we’ll take a look at:
– Statistics on REALTORS® and Technology
– Internet Marketing and the Real Estate Professional’s Online Presence
– Top Producer 8i
– Virtual Tours
– Single Property Sites
– QR Codes
– Feedback System
– Video Creation
Module 5: Direct Marketing, FSBOs, Expireds & Farms
Despite the popularity of the Internet, print marketing still remains a vital ingredient in a realtor’s success toolbox. We’ll examine how to determine and develop a farm area using flyers, print newsletters and postcard marketing to reach a desired target market. We’ll also show you some of the more effective techniques used to generate leads for your realtors from the creation and management of a stealth webpage, to open house sign up programs, to expired and for sale by owner tactics, to free new home buyer or investor seminars.
– Introduction To Lead Generation: Direct marketing to farms, FSBOs and Expireds
– Definitions: Introduces the student to the terms of real estate direct marketing.
– Farm Campaigns
– FSBO Campaigns
– Expired Listing Campaigns
– Lead Generation: Direct Marketing to Farms, FSBOs and Expireds
Module 6: Real Estate & Social Media
Social media is a critical key marketing tactic for local recognition and expert status. In this course, we’ll cover the ‘big 3′ – Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, and how you can introduce the agent to their importance. We’ll teach you how to set up profiles for each of these sites, as well as Facebook Pages, gaining followers, connections and friends, and how to make the most of each account.
In this module, we’ll discuss the social media “Big 3”: Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin, as well as the ActiveRain community.
– FaceBook – profile creation, business pages, ‘friends’.
– Twitter – profile creation, Twitter background, ‘followers’.
– LinkedIn – profile creation, groups, events, and ‘connections’.
– Real Estate Blogs
– YouTube for Real Estate
– Instagram for Real Estate
Module 7: Real Estate Lead Generation & Management
In this module, we’ll show you how to manage the contacts you’ve helped the agent generate using the ever-popular Top Producer program to enter the leads, apply appropriate categories, and then to create comprehensive follow-up plans to give the real estate professional every opportunity to convert these leads into clients.
– Introduction to Lead Management – teaches the student the basics of managing leads.
– Generating Leads – informs the student on how to create a lead.
– Information Gathering – helps explain how to gather information on leads.
– Lead Processing – teaches the student how to convert the lead into a client.
– Additional Tasks for Lead Management – explains some other marketing concepts like direct mailing, but as they apply to lead management
Module 8: Listing Coordination
Here, we’ll really get down to brass tacks. We’ll teach you all that’s involved in listing coordination – from pre-listing to close. Learn how to create listing and pre-listing packages, CMAs, property flyers, layouts for print advertising, and entering a listing into an MLS system, Top Producer, Homefeedback , and more!
– The Initial Conversation with your real estate professional with regard to systems and processes.
– Comparative Market Analysis (CMA): Students will be introduced to CMAs and the methods of compiling data to create this report.
– Listing Presentations: Students will learn what should be included in an effective listing presentation and how they are used.
– MLS Services: Using our proprietary REA University MLS, students will enter a new listing to learn how this process works.
– Tracking Systems: Students will be introduced to several different online systems commonly used in listing coordination.
– Online Showing Systems
– Listing Syndication
– Enhancing Listings on Realtor.com
– Virtual Tours & Property Hotline Systems
– Property Flyer / Feature Sheets
– “Just Listed” / “Just Sold” Postcard Campaigns
– Home Presentation Books
– Showing Feedback & Seller Reports
Module 9: Transaction Coordination & Management
There are a multitude of details involved in the closing of a real estate property. Learn how to create an action plan and checklist to ensure all i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed. We’ll provide an overview of SettlementRoom, a popular online transaction management system, and explain the process from the acceptance of an offer to the exchange of keys.
– Introduces the student to the issues involved in coordinating transactions.
– Terms: Extensively reviews the terminology typically used in real estate transactions.
– Agent’s Need for Transaction Coordination: Explains why real estate professionals need transactions coordinators, what they’re for, how they help, etc.
– The Process: Outlines each step that must be performed to successfully manage real estate transactions.
– Documents: Teaches the student about the relevant documents used to complete real estate transactions.
– Inspections: Relays the relevant requirements for home inspections during a real estate transaction.
– Working With Other Parties: Teaches the student how to work with other parties involved in the real estate transaction process.
– Transaction Management: Informs the student about how to specifically manage the transaction, rather than merely coordinating it.
– Includes Sample Action Plans and Checklists
Module 10: Email Marketing in Real Estate
In many ways, email marketing is an online form of direct marketing – a way of reaching many current, past, and potential clients at once. Rather than sending letters, postcards or flyers, these communications are sent to inboxes.
The primary advantage of email over direct mail is that you can track and measure your success. You can see how many of your emails were delivered and opened, if links were clicked and if anyone took action, such as calling to buy or sell or referring a friend or family member.
– Introduction to email marketing and its importance in real estate
– Email best practices
– How to build an email list
– Email automation
– Email practices to avoid
– Relationship building through email
– Increasing customer retention through email
– How to use email for referrals
– Measuring the effectiveness of your email marketing
According to our student survey, 100% of our graduates would recommend the Professional Real Estate Assistant Certification program!
What makes the PREAC program different?
There’s so much more to real estate than just the transactions. It’s essential that today’s real estate assistants understand the most effective lead generation methods, how to produce a successful listing campaign from start to finish, and so on.
The Professional Real Estate Assistant Certification (CPREA) designation lets your clients and prospects know that you’re serious about your business, making you more marketable and highly sought-after by real estate professionals.
Requirements for Certification:
Students are expected to fulfill all exams and homework assignments, which are personally marked by Pam and her team. When all modules have been completed and homework assignments submitted, as well as exams passed with a average of 80% or better, certification will be awarded.
Students typically are able to increase their offerings and value to their employers or clients during the program and beyond. In-house assistants can expect to command higher wages and virtual real estate assistants can immediately start raising their fees with current and new clients.
CPREA is perfect for in-house and virtual support professionals alike, whether brand new to the industry or a seasoned veteran.
The program is delivered through a combination of home study, audio lessons, hands-on assignments, and online testing. The fee is $997USD. An easy payment plan can also be selected to accommodate your budget.
Once your full (or first) payment has processed successfully, you will receive details to participate in our online student resource center to access your study materials.
Here’s the audio lessons that you’ll receive with your Professional Real Estate Assistant Certification Program. Pop them into your iPod or your car’s stereo and you’re learning on the go!
The Compensation Conversation
The Ins and Outs of ActiveRain
Top 3 Real Estate Assistant Services
Also included, The Online Student Resource Dashboard.
Here’s where you’ll access all of your:
Assignments – Yes, assignments, are a part of the program. It IS a certification program after all. We want to ensure that you thoroughly learn and understand the concepts you are taught. This even includes a mock-up MLS System so you can get a feel for entering new listings!
Samples, Templates and Forms – Comparative Market Analysis, Weekly Seller Reports, New Listing Flyers, “Just Listed” and “Just Sold” Postcards, Newsletters, and more.
Guides – How to Enhance Listings on Realtor.com
Examinations – What certification program doesn’t have examinations? We have them here…and they’re comprehensive. The are fully graded manually by us and provide a real gauge of your understanding of each module.
“Definitely helpful and informative”
“Being brand new to the real estate world, this course was definitely helpful and informative about the rules, regulations, of a real estate assistant. The resources provided and the different assignments that were given also helped educate me and will allow me to assist the realtors even further. So, Thank You!!!”
– Latoya Grayson, CPREA
“Very current and helpful resources”
“The curriculum is clearly written. The resources are very current and extremely helpful in this fast-moving field. I feel I have the foundational tools to be an asset to a real estate professional. When Pam says “Partnering in your success,” she means it. She was always readily available to answer questions and give specific feedback. I would highly recommend this program to others wanting to improve their skills or make a career change.”
– Cynthia Carey, CPREA
“The basics and then goes beyond”
“This program gives you the tools to be a successful real estate assistant and the best part is that it applies to both the U.S. and Canadian markets. Another big plus is that assignments and exams are marked quickly and returned with helpful and supportive comments.
This program gives you the basics and then goes beyond to help you think outside the box as you support real estate professionals.”
– Kelsey Robertson, CPREA
And we’ve sweetened the deal some more
You also get these amazing bonuses worth $494+ free
Bonus #1: Audio Learning Library
- Social Media for Local Success
- Managing Your Clients’ (and your) Online Reputations
- Business Ethics Done Right
- Business Systems and Processes
- Managing Perceptions
- Copywriting for Websites
- A Conversation in Search Engine Optimization
- Find Your True Value
- The 6 Figure Successful Online Business
- Passive Income Generation
Over 10 hours of audio in all! A $297 value, if sold separately.
Bonus #2: Instructor Email Access
You’ll have access to your instructors via email to help you with questions you may have about the real estate assistant industry or this program, getting clients/an in-house position, and general real estate inquiries.
We manually mark all of your assignments and exams, so we’ll be adding our thoughts and comments where it makes sense for you to get a better understanding of the learning material.
A $197.00/month Value
Bonus #3: Real Estate Resource Rolodex
We’ve combed the web to find you great resources to help you with assisting your clients and have compiled them all in one spot for easy access!
You can get started today for just $167…
We could easily offer each course module for $297 x 9 modules = $2,673.00
Add in all of the fantastic bonuses and you’ll receive a value of a WHOPPING $3,730.00!
Of course, that’s not what you’ll have to invest for this comprehensive
Professional Real Estate Assistant Certification Program package.
Prefer An Easy-On-Your-Budget Payment Plan?
=> LIMITED TIME SPECIAL: NO FINANCING FEE! <=
Select the 3 Payment Plan ($333/mo for 3 months) or the 6 Payment Plan ($167/mo for 6 months) at checkout.
Multi-user licensing available. Contact us for details.
Here’s what other lovely graduates say
“I have definitely found the program a big help on grasping the basics of the industry and providing direction of what tools and resources that are available for the different aspects of real estate agent support.
Having gone through the program, I definitely feel much better prepared and feel like I can have an intelligent conversation with a real estate professional regarding their needs and how I can help. Thank you for providing such a great and informative program Pam!”
— Dave Smith, CPREA
“Being new to the real estate industry, I was looking for something that would not be intimidating and yet allow me to grasp the information at my own pace. This was an answer to my prayer and it EXCEEDED my expectations. Not only do I feel confident and more informed about the industry but I am excited! I no longer have the fear of starting my new career in my new industry! Thank you, Pam, for putting the vision onto paper and making my dream a reality. Now, I have a skill set that I can take anywhere!”
— Natasha Gibson, CPREA
“This program was wonderful, informative and fun. Each module is effectively laid out, the resources are helpful additions, and the assignments and exams are thoughtful and challenging. I feel very well equipped to get started in this field and I’ve already recommended this program to two people.”
— Jill Forbes, CPREA
“Solid! I’ve learned a lot of stuff related to Real Estate and being an assistant. Will utilize all I learned in assisting my client.”
— Mark Anthony Cabrera, CPREA
Am I guaranteed to get certified if I invest in the program?
No. A certification that can simply be purchased isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on. That’s why our modules are challenging. If we’re going to allow you to display a CPREA seal and certificate, you better believe you’re going to have to earn it.
How long will I have access to the program?
Once registered and paid in full, you will have lifetime access to the program. We are regularly updating and adding to the program, and we will keep you
How difficult are the exams?
You’ll find that the test is “satisfyingly difficult.” By that we mean, it’s difficult enough that you need to actually know the materials, but it isn’t tricky or difficult just for the sake of being difficult.
That said, to preserve the exclusivity and importance of this designation, we have made the tests challenging and the questions do pertain to our proprietary training, so you shouldn’t expect to be able to pass the test just because you have taken other training or courses in the past.
What if I fail an exam? Am I able to retake it?
Yes, you make retake an exam up to 2 times (for a total of 3 attempts). After 3 failed attempts, you will be required to retake the class (which you can do for free) and all the module assignments prior to attempting the final exam again.
I don’t care about the certification. Can I just audit the program?
You may register for individual modules, although completion of all the modules will also allow you to earn your certification, it is not a necessary step.
Are scholarships available for the program?
At this time no scholarships are available. Fortunately we have priced our program and individual modules so that they are affordable to all, especially with the payment plans available.
What is your refund policy?
You have 7 days to decide if the program is right for you and can contact us for a full refund. After 7 days, no refunds are allowed.
Have more questions?
Please enter your question here and one of the team will get back to you within usually 6 hours in normal office hours.